verb (breaks down, breaking down, broke down, broke down, broken down or (informal) brokedown)
- to fail
- I am afraid my computer will if I try to run it at too high a speed.
- to become unstable, mentally or otherwise.
- She is back to work now, after her .
- to decay
- Leaves and grass will into compost faster if you keep them moist.
- to give more detail
- If you don't understand, ask him to the numbers for you.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for break down for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of break down