verb (braves, braving, braved)
- A native American warrior.
- To overcome one's initial fear(s).
adjective (braver, bravest)
- After braving tricks on the high-dive, he braved a jump off the first diving platform.
- Strong in the face of fear; courageous.
Etymology: From French French, brave, borrowed from Italian bravo, of uncertain origin.
- 1987, "...he has been so , giving it all a dignity." " The Last Diary, Michael Grumley
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for brave for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of brave