- That part of the central nervous system of an animal located in the skull which is responsible for perception, cognition, attention, memory, emotion, and action.
- An intelligent person.
- He was a total .
- (context, English pluralia tantum) A person who provides the intelligence required for something.
- The brains behind the scheme
- (in plural brains) Intellect.
- He has a lot of brains.
- By analogy with a human brain, the part of a machine or computer that performs calculations.
- The computer's is capable of millions of calculations a second.
Etymology: , derived from braegen and bregen.
- (context, slang, transitive) To strike (someone) on the head.
- (transitive) To kill (a person) by smashing that person's skull.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for brain for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of brain