- A blossom; the flower of a plant; an expanded bud.
- Flowers, collectively.
- (uncountable) The opening of flowers in general; the state of blossoming or of having the flowers open.
- The cherry trees are in bloom.
- A state or time of beauty, freshness, and vigor/vigour; an opening to higher perfection, analogous to that of buds into blossoms.
- the bloom of youth
- The delicate, powdery coating upon certain growing or newly-gathered fruits or leaves, as on grapes, plums, etc.
- Anything giving an appearance of attractive freshness.
- The clouded appearance which varnish sometimes takes upon the surface of a picture.
- A yellowish deposit or powdery coating which appears on well-tanned leather. (Knight.)
- (mineralogy) A popular term for a bright-hued variety of some minerals.
- the rose-red cobalt bloom
- A white area of cocoa butter that forms on the surface of chocolate when warmed and cooled.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bloom for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bloom