verb (blinks, blinking, blinked)
- The act of very quickly closing both eyes and opening them again.
- (figurative) The time needed to close and reopen ones eyes.
- A quick closing and reopening of both eyes.
- The loser in the staring game is the person who blinks first.
- To flash headlights on a car.
- An urban legend claims that gang members will attack anyone who blinks them.
- To send a signal with a lighting device.
- Don't come to the door until I twice.
- (context, hyperbole) To perform the smallest action that could solicit a response.
- 1980, Billy Joel, "Don't Ask Me Why", Glass Houses, Columbia Records
- :All the waiters in your grand cafe / Leave their tables when you .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for blink for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of blink