- The act of bite
- Verb, biting.
- The wound left behind after having been bitten.
- That snake really hurts!
- The swelling of one's skin caused by an insect's mouthparts or sting.
- After just one night in the jungle I was covered with mosquito bites.
- A piece of food of a size that would be produced by bite
- Verb, biting; a mouthful.
verb (bites, biting, bit, bitten)
- There were only a few bites left on the plate.
- (slang) Something unpleasant.
- That's really a !
- (slang) An act of plagiarism.
- That song is a of my song!
- (transitive) To cut off a piece by clamping the teeth.
Etymology: (term, bitan, bÄtan, lang=ang).
- As soon as you that sandwich, you'll know how good it is.
- (transitive) To hold something by clamping one"s teeth.
- (intransitive) To attack with the teeth.
- That dog is about to !
- (intransitive) To take hold; to establish firm contact with.
- I needed snow chains to make the tires .
- (context, intransitive, of a fish) To bite a baited hook or other lure and thus be caught.
- Are the fish biting today?
- (intransitive) To fall for a deception.
- I've planted the story. Do you think they'll ?
- (context, intransitive, of an insect) To sting.
- These mosquitoes are really biting today!
- (context, intransitive, slang) To lack quality; to be worthy of derision.
- This music really bites.
- (context, intransitive, slang) To plagiarize.
- He's biting my style.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bite for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bite