verb (birch, es)
- any of various trees of the genus Betula, native to countries in the northern hemisphere.
- a hard wood taken from the birch tree, typically used to make furniture.
- a stick, rod or bundle of twigs made from birch wood, used for punishment.
Etymology: Old English birce, bierce, beorc
- to punish with a stick, bundle of twigs, or rod made of birch wood.
- to punish as though one were using a stick, bundle of twigs, or rod made of birch wood.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for birch for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of birch