- A fixed bunk for sleeping in (caravans, trains, etc).
- Room for maneuver, maneuvering or safety. (Often used in the phrase a wide berth.)
- A space for a ship to moor or a vehicle to park.
- A job or position, especially on a ship.
- (sports) Position or seed in a tournament bracket.
- (transitive) to bring (a ship or vehicle) into its berth
- (transitive) to assign a berth (bunk or position) to
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for berth for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of berth