- A person who beg, begs.
- 1983. Rosen, Stanley. Plato"s Sophist: The Drama of Original & Image. South Bend, Indiana, USA: St. Augustine"s Press. p. 62.
- : Odysseus has returned to his home disguised as a .
- A person suffering from extreme poverty.
- 1883, w:Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Louis Stevenson, w:Treasure Island, Treasure Island
- : I'm to be a poor, crawling , sponging for rum, when I might be rolling in a coach!
Etymology: From beg + -ar
- To make a beggar of someone; impoverish.
- To exhaust the resources of.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for beggar for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of beggar