Etymology: (term, beor), ultimately from (term, bibo, bibÅ, I drink).
- (uncountable) An alcoholic drink fermented from starch material commonly barley malt, often with hops or some other substance to impart a bitter flavor.
- (uncountable) A fermented extract of the roots and other parts of various plants, as spruce, ginger, sassafras, etc.
- (uncountable) A solution produced by seeping plant materials in water or another fluid.
- (countable) A glass of any of the above beverages.
- (context, Chinese English) Any alcoholic beverage.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for beer for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of beer