verb (infl, en, verb)
- A flying insect, of the order Hymenoptera, superfamily Apoidea.
- A contest, especially for spelling, see spelling bee.
- A gathering for a specific purpose, e.g. a sewing bee or a quilting bee.
- The letter b.
- Archaic spelling of the verb be.
- 1604 Reverend Cawdrey Table Aleph: held that a "Nicholaitan is an heretike, like Nicholas, who held that wiues should commmon to all alike."
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bee for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bee