noun (beauties, -)
- The property, quality, or state of being "that which pleases merely by being perceived" (Aquinas). Hence that which is attractive, pleasing, fine, or good looking; comeliness.
Etymology: From :w:Anglo-Norman, Anglo-Norman
- 1988: "" and recollection, like danger, glamour, greed, hunger- everything but disappointment and desire- were concepts belonging to other people." -Second Son, Robert Ferro
- Someone who is beautiful.
- Jane is a .
- Something that is particularly good or pleasing.
- My car is a .
- What a goal, what a .
- The concept of learning the private language of meaning which is another persons life, of recognizing and relishing what is.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for beauty for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of beauty