- A rigid structure projecting from the front of a bird's face, used for pecking, grooming and for eating food.
- A similar structure forming the jaws of an octopus.
- (nautical) The metal point fixed on the bows of a war galley, used as a ram.
- (slang) A justice of-peace, or magistrate. Also a judge or chairman who presides in court.
Etymology: From bec.
- He's up before the beak again tomorrow.
- I clapp'd my peepers full of tears, and so the old beak set me free; I began to weep, and the judge set me free.
- (slang) The human nose, especially one that is large and pointed.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for beak for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of beak