verb (bakes, baking, baked, baked)
- (context, transitive, ergative) To cook (something) in an oven, but not in fat. Compare roast.
Etymology: (term, baken, lang=enm) < (term, bacan, lang=ang).
- To bread.
- (transitive) To dry by heat.
- (context, transitive, figuratively) (Of a person, the weather, or an object:) To be hot.
- (intransitive) To become baked.
- The bread is baking at the moment.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bake for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bake