noun (plural: bails)
- Security, usually a sum of money, exchanged for the release of an arrested person as a guarantee of that person's appearance for trial.
- Release from imprisonment on payment of such money.
- The person providing such payment.
- (Cricket) One of the two wooden crosspieces that rest on top of the stumps to form a wicket.
- A bucket or scoop used for removing water from a boat etc.
- Furniture, Normaly curved handle suspended between sockets as a drawer pull.
- To secure the release of an arrested person by providing bail.
- To release a person under such guarantee.
- (nautical) To remove water from a boat by scooping it out.
- (slang): To leave or not attend.
- I'm going to on this afternoon's meeting.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bail for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bail