- A flexible container made of cloth, paper, plastic, etc.
- One"s preference.
verb (bag, g, ing)
- Acid House is not my , I prefer the more traditional styles of music.
- (derogatory) An ugly woman.
- (baseball) First, second, or third base.
- He headed back to the .
- (baseball) The cloth-covered pillow used for first, second, and third base.
- ''The grounder hit the and bounced over the fielder"s head.
- (context, preceded by "the") A breathalyzer device, so named because it formerly had a plastic bag over the end to measure a set amount of breath.
- To put into a bag.
- To catch or kill, especially when fishing or hunting.
Etymology: Middle English bagge, from Old Norse baggi, cognate with Old French bagage "baggage," bagueOld French, bague "pack, bundle, belonging"
- We bagged three deer yesterday.
- To gain possession of something, or to make first claim on something.
- (context, slang, w:AAVE, African American Vernacular English) To be caught by the police.
- (context, slang, w:AAVE, African American Vernacular English) To bring a woman one met on the street with one.
- (context, slang, w:AAVE, African American Vernacular English) To laugh uncontrollably.
- (context, AU, slang) To criticise sarcastically.
- (context, medical) To provide artificial ventilation with a bag valve mask (BVM) resuscitator.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bag for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bag