- Advanced Packaging Tool
- Advanced Passenger Train
- Alabama Public Television
- American Public Television
- apartment The US Postal Service prefers APT, but Apt. is also seen.
- Arbitrage Pricing Theory
- Automatically Programmed Tool
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for APT for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of APT
adjective (er, more)
- Fit or fitted; suited; suitable; appropriate.
Etymology: French apte, Latin aptus, from obsolete apere, "to fasten, to join, to fit", akin to apisci "to reach, attain": compare with Gr. á (haptÄn) "to fasten" and Sanskrit àààà (Äpta) "fit", from ààà (Äp) "to reach, attain".
- Tonight there"s a full moon, which is apt, since the election night will bring out the lunatics.
- Having a habitual tendency; habitually liable or likely; disposed towards—used of persons or things.
- This tree, if unprotected, is apt to be stripped of its leaves by a leaf-cutting ant.
- Ready; especially fitted or qualified (to do something); quick to learn; prompt; expert; as, a pupil apt to learn; an apt scholar.
- An apt wit. —Johnson.
- (Although I) live a thousand years, I shall not find myself so apt to die. —Shakespeare
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for apt for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of apt