- A person who fishes with a hook and line.
- A throng of anglers lined the trout stream on opening day of trout season.
- An angler fish.
- The lured a smaller fish into reach with the appendage on its head.
- Someone who tries to work an angle, works an angle; a person who schemes or has an ulterior motive.
- ''Jonas was a consummate when it came the company's leave policy; he had it figured so he only needed to work six months out of the year.
- (slang, 1811) Pilferers or petty thief, thieves, who, with a stick having a hook at the end, steal goods out of shop-windows, grates, etc.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for angler for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of angler