- (context, of words) A word that is created by rearrange, rearranging the letters of another word.
- The word "silent" is an of "listen".
- (context, in a more complex form) A sentence or phrase that is formed by rearranging the letters of another word or phrase.
- The phrase "genuine class" is an of the name "Alec Guinness".
- ''The phrase " Nessiteras rhombopteryx " is an of "Monster hoax by w: Peter Scott
- Loch Ness Monster, Sir Peter S"
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for anagram for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of anagram