- The total, aggregate or sum of a number of items, numbers or material.
- A quantity or volume.
- Pour a small of water into the dish.
- The dogs need different amounts of food.
- The number of elements in a set.
- To total or evaluate.
- It amounts to three dollars and change.
- To succeed or have value.
- He was a pretty good student, but never amounted to much professionally.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for amount for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of amount