- (1340) A person, animal, plant or other thing which is from outside the family, group, organization, or territory under consideration.
- () A foreigner who is not a subject of the country in which he lives.
- (1935) Any life form of non-Earth origin.
- To estrange; to alienate
Etymology: From Latin alienus, aliÄnus, "belonging to someone else", then "exotic, foreign", from alius, "other". Cognate with Ancient Greek (allos), "another, different" and Old English elles, "else".
- (1330) Pertaining to an alien.
- (1382) Being exceedingly unfamiliar with or removed from a concept.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for alien for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of alien