verb (adulterat, ing)
- To corrupt.
- To spoil by adding impurity, impurities.
- Tending to commit adultery.
- (RQ:Shakespeare Hamlet), I.v.
- :Ay, that incestuous, that beast,
- :With witchcraft of his wit, with traitorous gifts-
- :O wicked wit and gifts, that have the power
- :So to seduce!- won to his shameful lust
- :The will of my most seeming-virtuous queen.
- corrupted, Corrupted; impure; adulterated.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for adulterate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of adulterate