- Make more beautiful and attractive; to decorate.
Etymology: aournen, anournen, adornen, aorner, from aaornare; ad + ornare to furnish, embellish. See adore, ornate.
- a lady was adorned with jewels
- a man adorned with noble statuary and columns
- a character adorned with every Christian grace
- a gallery of paintings was adorned with the works of some of the great masters
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for adorn for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of adorn