Etymology: L. admissio: cf. F. admission. See admit
- The act or practice of admitting.
- Power or permission to enter; admittance; entrance; access; power to approach.
- The granting of an argument or position not fully proved; the act of acknowledging something aserted; acknowledgment; concession.
- (Law) Acquiescence or concurrence in a statement made by another, and distinguishable from a confession in that an admission presupposes prior inquiry by another, but a confession may be made without such inquiry.
- A fact, point, or statement admitted; as, admission made out of court are received in evidence
- (Eng. Eccl. Law) Declaration of the bishop that he approves of the presentee as a fit person to serve the cure of the church to which he is presented.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for admission for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of admission