- something done, a deed
- a state of existence
- a product of a legislative body, a statute
- the process of doing something
- a record of something done
- The Acts of the Apostles
- a division of a theatrical performance
- a display of behavior, a pretense
Etymology: From (term, actaLatin, Äcta, register of events), plural of (term, actum, Äctum, decree, law), from (term, agoLatin, agÅ, put in motion).
- to do something
- to perform a theatrical role
- to behave in a certain way
- to respond to information
(chemistry) to have an effect on
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for act for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of act