- On all sides; around.
Etymology: (term, onbutan, onbÅtan, lang=ang), from (term, on, lang=ang) + (term, butan, bÅtan, outside, lang=ang).
- 'Tis time to look . - Shakespeare, King Lear, IV-vii
- In circuit; circularly; by a circuitous way; around the outside; as, a mile , and a third of a mile across.
- Here and there; around; in one place and another.
- Wandering from house to house. - 1 Timothy 5:13
- Nearly; approximately; with close correspondence, in quality, manner, degree, etc.; as, as cold; as high; -- also of quantity, number, time.
- There fell ... three thousand men. - Exodus 22:28
- To a reserved position; half round; in the opposite direction; on the opposite tack; as, to face ; to turn one's self about.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for about for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of about