- The cessation of pregnancy or fetal development; a miscarriage.
- An induced abortion.
- The act of induce, inducing abortion.
- The immature product of an untimely birth.
- (biology) Arrest of development of any organ, so that it remains an imperfect formation or is absorbed.
- Any fruit or produce that does not come to maturity, or anything which in its progress, before it is matured or perfect
- The act of aborting a project, a mission, etc, before it is completed.
- Something ugly, an artistic atrocity.
Etymology: From abortio, from aboriri; see also abort.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for abortion for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of abortion