verb (whor, ing)
- A prostitute.
- (pejorative) A person who is considered to be sexually promiscuous.
- A person who is unscrupulous, especially one who compromises their principles for gain.
Etymology: Old English hÅre, Indo-European root "dear"; akin to Old Norse hóra "whore", hórr "adulterer", German Hure "whore", Middle High German huore, Old High German huora, Latin carus "dear".
- (intransitive): To prostitute oneself.
- (intransitive): To engage the services of a prostitute.
- (transitive): To pimp; to pander.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for whore for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of whore