- The silken structure a spider builds using silk secreted from the spinnerets at the caudal tip of its abdomen; a spiderweb.
verb (web, b, ed)
- The sunlight glistened in the dew on the .
- Any interconnected set of persons, places, or things, which when diagrammed resembles a spider's web.
- Specifically, the w:World Wide Web, World Wide Web (also spelled Web).
- Let me search the for that.
- (baseball) The part of a baseball mitt between the forefinger and thumb, the webbing.
- He caught the ball in the .
- A latticed or woven structure.
- The gazebo's roof was a made of thin strips of wood.
- The interconnection between flanges in structural members, increasing the effective lever arm and so the load capacity of the member.
- A fold of tissue connecting the toes of certain birds.
- A duck paddles with its webbed feet.
- (context, manufacturing) A continuous strip of material carried by rollers during processing.
- (context, lithography) A long sheet of paper which is fed from a roll into a printing press, as opposed to individual sheets of paper.
- (intransitive) to construct or form a web
- (transitive) to cover with a web or network
- (transitive) to ensnare or entangle
- (transitive) to provide with a web
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for web for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of web