- The state of being bent or twisted out of shape.
- A distortion or twist, such as in a piece of wood.
- The threads that run lengthwise in a woven fabric; crossed by the woof.
- (nautical) A line or cable used in warping a ship.
- To twist or turn something out of shape
- To deflect something from a true or proper course
- To affect something wrongly, unfairly or unfavourably; to bias
- To arrange strands of thread etc so that they run lengthwise in weaving
- (nautical) To move a vessel by hauling on a line or cable that is fastened to an anchor or pier; especially to move a sailing ship through a restricted place such as a harbour
- 1883: w:Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Louis Stevenson, w:Treasure Island, Treasure Island
- : We had a dreary morning's work before us, for there was no sign of any wind, and the boats had to be got out and manned, and the ship warped three or four miles around the corner of the island...
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for warp for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of warp