- beating, a series of wallops (blows)
- The boy's father was such a giant that every hand-spanking he gave was a woeful walloping, as hurtful as the teacher's hickory stick
- Verbal abuse
- For forgetting to pick up the package again, my boss gave a walloping.
- (present participle of, wallop)
Etymology: From the verb wallop 'beat, impact'
- whopping, large in size
- of exceptional, impressive quality
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for walloping for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of walloping