- The act of waiving, or not insisting on, some right, claim, or privilege.
- A legal document releasing some requirement, such as waiving a right (giving it up) or a waiver of liability (agreeing to hold someone blameless). Also used for such a form even before it is filled out and signed.
- I had to sign a when I went skydiving, agreeing not to sue even if something went wrong.
- Something that releases a person from a requirement.
- I needed a from the department head to take the course because I didn't technically have the prerequisite courses.
- I needed a from the zoning board for the house because the lot was so small, but they let me build because it was next to the park.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for waiver for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of waiver