- (countable) A flat pastry pressed with a grid pattern.
verb (waffl, ing)
- The brunch was waffles with strawberries and whipped cream.
- (uncountable) Speech or writing that is vague, pretentious or evasive.
- This interesting point seems to get lost a little within a lot of self-important .
Etymology: From Dutch wafel (1) and waffel (2).
- To speak or write waffle; to equivocate.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for waffle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of waffle