verb (vintag, ed)
- The yield of grapes or wine from a vineyard or district during one season
- Wine, especially high-quality, identified as to year and vineyard or district of origin
- The harvesting of a grape crop and the initial pressing of juice for winemaking
- The year or place in which something is produced
- (italbrac, attributively) of or relating to a vintage, or to wine identified by a specific vintage
- (italbrac, attributively) having an enduring appeal; high-quality, classic (such as video or computer games from the 1980s and early 1990s, or old magazines, etc.)
- (italbrac, attributively) of a motor car built between the years 1919 and 1930
- (italbrac, attributively) of a watch produced between the years 1870 and 1980
Etymology: From Anglo-Norman Anglo-Norman, vintage, from vendage, (cognate with French vendange), from Latin vindemia.
- (transitive) To harvest (grapes).
- (transitive) To make (wine) from grapes.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for vintage for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of vintage