verb (vasal, l, ing)
- The grantee of a fief, feud, or fee; one who holds land of a superior, and who vows fidelity and homage to him, normally a lord of a manor; a feudatory; a feudal tenant.
- A subject; a dependant; a servant; a slave.
- (transitive) To treat as a vassal or to reduce to the position of a vassal; to subject to control; to enslave.
- (transitive) To subordinate to someone or something.
- Resembling a vassal; slavish; servile.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for vassal for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of vassal