- (context, geographical) The northern province of Ireland, comprising of six Northern Irish counties and three counties in the Republic of Ireland.
- (context, political) Alternate name used for the six counties that make up Northern Ireland.
- Relating to, or originating from Ulster.
- an Fry
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Ulster for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Ulster
- A long, loose overcoat of rough material.
Etymology: Named from the former Irish province of w:Ulster, Ulster.
- 1891, Arthur Conan Doyle, "A Scandal in Bohemia", Norton 2005, p. 32:
- :I hardened my heart and took the smoke-rocket from under my .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ulster for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of ulster