- A prearranged meeting or assignation, now especially between lovers to meet at a specific place and time.
- (obsolete) A mutual agreement, a covenant.
Etymology: Variant of trist.
- (intransitive) To make a tryst; to agree to meet at a place.
- (transitive) To arrange or appoint (a meeting time etc.).
- (intransitive) To keep a tryst, to meet at an agreed place and time.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for tryst for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of tryst