noun See triangle
proper noun the Triangle
- The area comprising the cities of w:Raleigh, North Carolina, Raleigh, w:Durham, North Carolina, Durham and w:Chapel Hill, North Carolina, Chapel Hill in w:North Carolina, North Carolina. Used with "the" except when attributive.
- I moved to the Triangle two years ago.
- Many residents enjoy iced tea.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Triangle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Triangle
noun (plural: triangles)
- (geometry) A polygon with three sides and three angles.
- (musici) A percussion instrument made by forming a metal rod into a triangular shape which is open at one angle. It is suspended from a string and hit with a metal bar to make a resonant sound.
- (snooker, pool, billiards etc.) A triangular shaped piece of equipment used for gathering the balls into the formation required by the game being played.
- A love triangle.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for triangle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of triangle