noun (es, pl2=torpedos)
verb (torpedo, es)
- A cylindrical explosive projectile that can travel underwater and is used as a weapon.
- A fish having wings that generate w:electric current, electric current, a kind of w:electric ray, electric ray.
- (archaic) A naval mine.
- To send a torpedo, usually from a submarine, that explodes below the waterline of the target ship.
- To sink a ship with one of more torpedoes.
- To undermine or destroy any endeavor with a stealthy, powerful attack.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for torpedo for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of torpedo