- a pigment or other substance that colours or dyes
- a tint, or an added colour
- (tincture): a colour or metal used in the depiction of a coat of arms.
- An alcoholic extract of plant material, used as a medicine
- (jocular) a small alcoholic drink
- an essential characteristic
verb (tinctur, ing)
- to stain or impregnate (something) with colour
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for tincture for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of tincture