noun (uncountable and countable; plural thicknesses)
- (uncountable) The property of being thick (in dimension).
- When it comes to penis size, many women say they prefer thickness over length.
- (uncountable) A measure of how thick (in dimension) something is.
- The thickness of the Earth's crust is varies from two to 70 kilometres.
- (countable) A layer.
- We upholstered the seat with three thicknesses of cloth to make it more comfortable to sit on.
- (uncountable) The quality of being thick (in consistency).
- Whip the cream until it reaches a good thickness.
- (context, uncountable, informal) The property of being thick (slow to understand).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for thickness for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of thickness