- A Chinese and Japanese liquid sauce for fish, made by subjecting boiled beans to long fermentation and then long digestion in salt and water. US usage prefers the term soy sauce.
Etymology: Probably via Dutch, from a Japanese variant of éæ (ãããã, shÅyu), from Chinese éæ (jiíngyóu), from é "bean paste" + æ "oil".
- I like a little with my rice.
- soybean, Soybeans. Often used attributively.
- These candles are made from .
- The crop is looking good this year.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for soy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of soy