verb (snar, ing)
- A trap made from a loop of wire, string, or leather.
- (rare) A mental or psychological trap; usually in the phrase a snare and a delusion.
- (context, veterinary) A loop of cord used in obstetric cases, to hold or to pull a fetus from the mother animal.
- (music) A set of chains strung across the bottom of a drum to create a rattling sound.
- (music) A snare drum.
- to catch or hold, especially with a loop
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for snare for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of snare