- Any of some 100 different species of fish.
- The fish Chrysophrys auratus, but usually the adult fish of that species, with the young instead called cockney then red bream then squire, before reaching adulthood. (Reference: Australian Fish and How to Catch Them, Richard Allan, 1990, ISBN 1-86302-674-6, page 309. And Snapper entry in An Encyclopedia of New Zealand, 1966 http://www.teara.govt.nz/1966/S/Snapper/Snapper/en)
- Any of a family of percoid fishes (italbrac, Lutjanidae), esp. the red snapper
- (Ireland) (slang) A baby (a human baby).
- 1993: w:The Snapper, The Snapper — title of novel and film by w:Roddy Doyle, Roddy Doyle
- - the player who snaps the ball to start the play.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for snapper for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of snapper