noun (wikipedia, Slug (disambiguation), slug)
verb (slug, g, ed)
- Any of many terrestrial pulmonate gastropod mollusks, having no (or only rudimentary) shell
- (physics, rarely used) the Imperial (English) unit of mass that accelerates by 1 foot per second squared (1 ft/sÂ²) when a force of one pound-force (lbf) is exerted on it.
- A discrete quantity of one fluid that flows though the line surrounded by another.
- A bullet.
- A counterfeit coin, especially one used to steal from vending machines.
- A shot of a drink, usually alcoholic.
- A title, name or header
- (slang) A lazy person, a sluggard.
- (context, television editing) A black screen
- (context, typesetting) A piece of typemetal imprinted by a Linotype machine; also a black mark placed in the margin to indicate an error
- To drink quickly; to gulp.
- To down a shot.
- (transitive) To hit very hard.
- He insulted my mother, so I slugged him.
- The batter slugged the ball out of the park.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for slug for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of slug