noun (plural: recollections)
- The act of recollecting, or recalling to the memory; the operation by which objects are recalled to the memory, or ideas revived in the mind; reminiscence; remembrance.
- The power of recalling ideas to the mind, or the period within which things can be recollected; remembrance; memory; as, an event within my recollection.
- That which is recollected; something called to mind; reminiscence. One of his earliest recollections." Macaulay.
- The act or practice of collecting or concentrating the mind; concentration; self-control. Archaic
- From such an education Charles contracted habits of gravity and recollection.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for recollection for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of recollection