verb (prostrat, ing)
- To lay flat or facedown, prone; flatten (often reflexive).
- 1945 ''Finally almost the whole world was combined against the evil-doers, who are now before us. " Winston Churchill, s:Winston Churchill announces the Surrender of Germany, VE Day speech from House of Commons, May 8, 1945
- To be emotionally devastated.
- I told him you was with grief. " Mammy to Scarlett, Gone With the Wind.
- To become physically incapacitated from environmental exposure or debilitating disease.
- He was from the extreme heat.
- Lying flat, facedown.
- The prisoners were on the ground.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for prostrate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of prostrate