- The act of one who proceeds, or who prosecutes a design or transaction; progress or movement from one thing to another; a measure or step taken in a course of business; a transaction; as, an illegal proceeding; a cautious or a violent proceeding.
- The proceedings of the high commission. --w:Macaulay, Macaulay.
- pl. (Law) The course of procedure in the prosecution of an action at law. --Blackstone.
- (Proceedings of a society), the published record of its action, or of things done at its meetings.
- (present participle of, proceed)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for proceeding for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of proceeding