verb (pris, ing)
- (obsolete) An enterprise.
- (obsolete) Variant of prize.
- To force (open) with a lever; to pry.
- 1919: I think he must have been trying to prise open that box yonder when he was attacked. " w:Sax Rohmer, Sax Rohmer, The Quest of the Sacred Slipper
- c. 1925: Come, force the gates with crowbars, prise them apart! " Jack Lindsay, translation of Lysistrata
- 2004: Most people used pliers, scissors, rubber gloves and knives to try to prise open products. " BBC News
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for prise for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of prise