verb (plashes, plashing, plashed, plashed)
- A small pool of standing water; a puddle.
- A splash, or the sound made by a splash.
- (transitive) To splash.
Etymology: Possibly from plashe (puddle), from plísc. Compare the German platschen.
- 1847: w:Emily Brontí«, Emily Brontí«, w:Wuthering Heights, Wuthering Heights http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/768
- :... heedless of my expostulations and the growling thunder, and the great drops that began to plash around her, she remained ...
- (intransitive) To cause a splash.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for plash for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of plash